April 13, 2009

Navigating the course

Paul and I decided to go forward with the plan of action the doctor we met with offered us.

To begin with it was a waiting game, I had to wait till I began a new cycle then call the infertility nurses and let them know. Within the first 3 days of my cycle I needed to come in and have a sonogram, they wanted to look at my ovaries to make sure there were no cysts on them. If there were any cysts then we would not be able to proceed this month.

I did not have any cysts on my ovaries, and the nurse said everything looked really good and was easy to find and see. (that's good news I suppose?) She then gave me a prescription for 100mg of Clomid for 5 days. I took the Clomid days 3-7 of my cycle. The nurse also put me on 81mg of aspirin and a prenatal daily. The aspirin is supposed to decreased the chance of miscarriage.

No comments: