December 05, 2009

on the 11th and 14th day....

I had a sono apt. on Wednesday (12.2.09). The nurses checked made sure everything was going as planned. Played picture pages with my ovaries. Measured a few of the larger follicles. Said to continue with the Menopur 2 vials a night and return on Saturday morning for another look.

Today none of the regular nurses I see were in. I don't like it when I have to see a fill-in. They are no where as good, don't know much of the history and are curt. The red head that did the sono today only measured 2 follicles. Told me that I should be testing with an OPK on Sunday and would probably need to come in Monday morning for my insemination which meant I couldn't do the Cytotec or Laminaria as is planned since for the past 3 IUI's no one has been able to get all the way into my cervix. Today the two follicles that were measured were about a size 16 and 13 the rest she said were too small to worry about.

I must admit I am disappointed that there are only 2. I would have liked there to be 3-4 to give us a much greater chance. Hopefully with the Cytotex and Laminaria they will be able to get in during the IUI.

I am also experiencing quite a few of the side effects of the medication. During the Clomid I only had hot flashes. The Menopur is causing nasuea, constipation, perpetually tired and will start to nod off during in opportune moments but cannot always fall asleep when I want to. My abdomen also feels full and I can feel the ovaries working overtime. The shots have not been too terrible, they do hurt to have them done on the left more than on the right. My dear Bubba keeps apologizing every night after he has to stick me. Thing is it doesn't bother me to much. It is our prayer this is the last time we will have to do the injectibles because I am able to conceive, otherwise we will have to wait till after the holidays to start up the next round.

No comments: