September 11, 2013

What's up doc?

September 9, 2013

Guess who's back, back again.... its me, at the doctors office!


Today is the last time I will most likely see Dr. Y as just like in the movie Knocked Up he is going out of town! Not like he would have been THE one to deliver the baby, but it was a possibility, now it is a zero chance that he will be on call. Anyway, onto the visit... my BP is back down 103/71 which is good. My stomach is now measuring at 42 weeks while I just hit 40w1d. Oh well. The littles heart-rate is still sounding great. I have been having lots of movement the last few days. On the check for any dilation? Still nothing. Dr. Y said he was surprised that there wasn't any change at all, he expected at least a little bit. What can I say, the Hutchkin likes it where it is. As it is only one day since my EDD I am not really worried about it.

But since there hasn't been any change it was time to talk about induction. He knows that I want to wait as long as possible but gave me the option to set up a date now just in case. I said I would rather wait and see what happens in the next week and if it becomes necessary to schedule a date then I would. So since my next appointment is a week away and after being a week beyond your EDD they want to make sure everything is okay on the inside I have to schedule a NST (non-stress test) to check the baby's heart-rate, any contractions, count movements and ultrasound to check on my fluid levels. 

I will have the NST next week at the hospital, then I will get to drive over to my regularly scheduled weekly appointment with Dr. H (remember Dr. Y is leaving for vaca), assuming that nothing transpires between now and then. 

No comments: