February 16, 2010

5th times the charm... ?

Yesterday, Feb 15th was IUI #5. Really hoping 5 is our lucky number. My Mr. got up bright and early to do his thing. I headed off to Kaiser and arrived just on time for my appointment. Went back to the REs office and had my blood pressure taken. Then the boys headed to the contraption below which spins them around to get the best ones and give them a wash. About 55 minutes I was called back to empty my bladder and get ready for the procedure. When you get to the room there is always a microscope set up so you can take a look at your possible future children.
This is the tray set up with some of the tools that will be used for the IUI. I was concerned that the New Girl was doing my IUI solo, the fact that I had not been instructed to use my Cytotec or had the opportunity to use the Lamineria. I just started to pray! With the memory of the last very painful IUI fresh in my brain I was freaking out on the inside.

The New Girl was amazing though! She did not have to use a clamp as they have had to in the past so I didn't have any bleeding. New Girl claimed to have gotten all the way in, which I want to believe in my core but it is hard since last time it hurt so bad to get it in there. She also used a very different technique of having me lift and lower my bum slowly about half a dozen times during the procedure while she was inserting the catheter. Again amazing, there was some pain but it was minimal. I had a bit of discomfort and cramping but again minimal. Praise GOD!!!

Now comes the dreaded TWO WEEK WAIT.

Starting tomorrow I will be using Progesterone vaginal suppositories for the next two weeks. I will have my beta test on March 1st. If it comes back positive I will be continuing the Progesterone till I am 12 weeks pregnant. In the sad fact of it being negative I stop the Progesterone and head back to the REs office on the first day of my next cycle.

Come on little miracle. It is time for you to show your face!

Praying now that this is THE month, that the New Girl did actually get everything where it belongs and everything will move forward smoothly from this point.

No comments: