April 29, 2010

Final monitoring

My last sonogram was done today. Wow were those follicles growing! The RE mentioned that I had 2 follicles at size 20. This is a big growth as 3 days before that they were 13s. Generally they grow 1mm each day. Mine grew about 2mm each day, I suppose that could be because of the increase in medication for me. I am not sure what sizes the other follicles were but I would estimate they grew about 4-6mm from what they were at my last appointment as well. I do not know what the odds of all of those follicles having eggs, or how many eggs might be released. I was given my HCG shot right there on the spot and told to come back tomorrow for the IUI @ 9am.

My abdomen has been feeling really full and I have been taking naps every day (so not normal for me). My mind feels fuzzy much of the time, like I cant completely concentrate on anything completely.

My Mr. is an amazing man. We don't sit down and have long drawn out conversations about what is going on, but we do discuss our fears, dreams, hopes. We hope and pray that it works this time. We know there is a much higher chance of getting pregnant this month but IF we don't we also know that it isn't the end of our journey. We know people who have gotten pregnant spontaneously after going through much more, with DX of IF and knowing what is wrong. We wont give up our hope, although sometimes it is insanely difficult and we feel as though we have been run over by a dump truck.

1 comment:

Carol Stephenson said...

Praying for you!!!