April 08, 2013

Last Visit?

At 9w5d we had our next appointment with Dr. W, each time we have an appointment I hold my breath until we hear that heartbeat. This time was no different and this day had the potential to be significant in our IVF journey. Dr. W got right down to business. He asked how I was feeling, if there were any changes or problems since the last visit and then we did the ultrasound. After a few seconds that beautiful sound filled the room once more. The sound of the little's heartbeat still amazes us and is mesmerizing. 

I wish I could say that I do not have fear and anxiety about this pregnancy but that is just not true. It is a feeling that I am not sure will go away until we are holding our little one in our arms, till it takes its first breath and we hear its first cry. There are times that I am in disbelief that this is actually happening for us. I kept telling Paul that maybe I just have a sickness that lingers because maybe then if something happens it wont hurt as much (talk about denial). We have just been down such a long road to get here and I am afraid to let myself love this little too much (who am I kidding we all know I am smitten) because nothing is promised. 

So I continue to pray for strength, for my little ones life to continue, for us to be at the start of a new chapter and little by little we start to venture into the deep waters to begin to plan for this little one who WILL invade (take up residence in) our lives, our home and our hearts. 

Juniors heartbeat at a whopping 180 bpm.


Measuring Junior : You can actually see arm and leg buds now. Such an amazing difference from just 10 days prior when you couldn't really make out what anything was and it just looked like a blob. 


Since Junior is doing well and in just 2 days we will hit the 10 week mark we were told that this would be our last visit at the clinic! We graduated!!! This is a huge deal for those who go through IVF.


As a parting gift we were given a baby blanket, bib and spoon. 

Now comes the scary but oh so exciting part.... we had to find ourselves a good old fashioned OB!


And of course I am still taking these every day:
         - Progesterone lozenge: 3x a day

         - Endometrin insert: 3x a day
         - Estradiol tablet: 3x a day
         - Vivelle Dot patch: time to stick on a new one every 3rd day

         - Prenatal vitamin
         - Folic Acid
         - DHA
         - Fish Oil
         - Baby Aspirin
By the time we have our first OB appointment with Kaiser I should be off most of these!


1 comment:

April said...

Such a great story when is estimated due date? Of course they are never exact LOL :)