September 08, 2011

AMA?

I have taken matters into my own hands. I am guessing if I had asked an MD about this they would advise against it, so I didn't bother to ask. Through some internet searching -- you really can find everything -- I located a pharmacy outside the US who doesn't require a Drs prescription to get infertility drugs (pill form only, no injectibles). Let me say that if I had not already been through the process, had monitoring apts every 2 days for cycle after cycle I would NOT begin taking a drug off the internet. Because I know approx. how my body will react to each dosage I have purchased some of the aforementioned drugs. So that I do not have adverse effects from the drug that can be avoided (some side-effects are going to happen no matter what) I will only be ingesting the drugs every other month. 

The medication will just encourage egg development by telling my body to increase certain hormones. It will give us a small boost towards conception during the months it is being used. I do know things to watch out for so that if too many hormones are being produced I will of course go see my nurse from back in the day at Kaiser. She is a sweet lady and calls me just to check up on how things are going every now and then. She has been just as baffled about our delay in becoming parents as we were. 

I will not know specifically how things are going in a given month until I either come to the end/beginning of a cycle. We would appreciate your continued prayers that we will come to the end of this journey SOON! 

I am so appreciative of my friends who are praying for us, encouraging of us, hug giving, chin lifting, awesome people. Thank You from the depths of my being!

2 comments: